The Land Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for leading the Aldo Leopold Foundation’s Stewardship Fellows to implement land management plans on the foundation’s and partnering private lands.
Critical duties include:
- Invasive species management (e.g., garlic mustard, buckthorn, etc.)
- Prescribed burning, including large and complex units
- Timber management practices
- Project monitoring and record-keeping for adaptive planning and management
- Initiate and administercost-share agreements and grants
- Equipment care and maintenance