The Southwest FireCLIME document library is an annotated bibliography of published research related to the interactions between climate change, wildfire, and subsequent ecosystem effects in the southwestern U.S. The 190 publications contained in the library were identified through a comprehensive literature review, and have each been summarized to distill the outcomes as they pertain to fire and climate.
Each publication has been categorized using a set of 48 ‘linkages’ between climate & fire and/or fire & ecosystem variables. Publication findings specific to each tagged linkage are also summarized in every document record in the annotated bibliography to facilitate targeted searching.
View all results from the annotated bibliography that answer one of 24 questions generated from combinations of one climate variable (4 options) and one fire variable (6 options). Link from the results list to the full entry for each publication.
View all results from the annotated bibliography that answer questions generated from combinations of one fire variable (6 options) and one ecosystem effects variable (4 options). Link from the results list to the full entry for each publication.
View and search publications related to one of the following climate change variables:
- Fire season length
- Snowpack & precipitation (snow/rain) balance
- Temperature, relative humidity (RH), & vapor pressure deficit (VPD)
View and search publications related to one of the following fire variables:
- Annual area burned & fire size
- Fire behavior, type, & intensity
- Fire frequency, rotation, & return interval
- Fire severity
- Fire timing & seasonality
- Spatial & landscape patterns of fire
View and search publications related to one of the following ecosystem effects variables:
- Tree mortality, survivorship, & turnover
- Tree dispersal, regeneration, & establishment
- Species composition, non-natives, & structure