The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
A formal education or experience in forestry or a related natural resource profession with an emphasis in forest entomology or pathology is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education and experience if that experience has prepared the candidate to successfully carry out the duties of this position.
- biometrics and botany;
- forest ecology, mensuration;
- forest entomology and forest pathology;
- geographic information systems (ArcGIS);
- horticulture, hydrology, plant physiology, and silviculture;
- range and timber management;
- state and federal laws regulating the use of pesticides;
- forest fire management, forest insects and diseases, tree biology, forest economics, forest planning;
- project design and management, urban forestry, agroforestry, and forest certification programs.