For information addressing COVID-19 and wildfire smoke, we recommend the following resources:
For Firefighters and Public Health Professionals
- Wildfire Smoke and COVID 19 Frequently Asked Questions from the CDC.
- Wildfire Smoke and COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions from the USDA and CDC.
- National Wildfire Coordination Group (NWCG) Wildland Fire COVID-19 page.
- Wildfire Guide Post-Publication Updates: An EPA established page to support new resources and messages related to "Wildfire Smoke: A Guide for Public Health Officials" with new COVID-19 and wildfire smoke information or additions to the guide.
- Study: Excess of COVID-19 cases and deaths due to fine particulate matter exposure during the 2020 wildfires in the United States: A 2021 study evaluating wildfire smoke and COVID-19 cases.
For the Public
- Natural Disasters, Severe Weather, and COVID-19: CDC has taken the USDA and CDC FAQ’s and created this page for use by the public.