For information addressing COVID-19 and wildfire smoke, we recommend the following resources:
For Firefighters and Public Health Professionals
- Wildfire Smoke and COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions from the USDA and CDC.
- National Wildfire Coordination Group (NWCG) Wildland Fire COVID-19 page.
- CDC FAQs for Wildland Firefighers: The CDC has established a COVID-19 and Wildland Firefighters FAQ page which includes smoke.
- CDC Public Health Strategies to Reduce Exposure to Wildfire Smoke during the COVID-19 Pandemic: CDC provides more information about wildfire preparedness and response during the COVID-19 pandemic, to be used in conjunction with the "Wildfire Smoke: A Guide for Public Health Officials". Note that the information in the Wildfire Smoke Guide remains accurate, however this new information supports and extends the information in the Wildfire Smoke Guide by providing additional information about the risk of wildfire smoke during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wildfire Guide Post-Publication Updates: An EPA established page to support new resources and messages related to "Wildfire Smoke: A Guide for Public Health Officials" with new COVID-19 and wildfire smoke information or additions to the guide.
For the Public
- Natural Disasters, Severe Weather, and COVID-19: CDC has taken the USDA and CDC FAQ’s and created this page for use by the public.