Funded by the State of Oregon, the College of Forestry at Oregon State University will be conducting research to develop methodologies and collect necessary data to establish fuel pathways for low carbon fuels derived from woody biomass residues from forestry operations.
The Department of Wood Science and Engineering at Oregon State University is seeking a full-time postdoctoral researcher to work on biomass conversion to biofuels and characterization of resulting products. The successful candidate will participate in thermochemical conversion research as well as help develop carbon intensity scores for specified biomass conversion pathways.
- PhD in wood science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline.
- Strong oral and written scientific communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Prior research with thermochemical conversion of biomass.
- Prior experience with chemical and physical characterization of lignocellulosic biomass and biofuels.
Duties will include:
- Designing and implementing research protocols for the conversion of woody residue biomass into fuel and value-added products.
- Chemical and physical characterization of different types of biomass conversion products.
- Supervising and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students working on the project.
- Undertaking any other duties relevant to the research project.
- Lead and assist with the preparation of research articles, reports, and other related materials.
- Disseminate research findings at academic conferences and journals.
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Duration: 2 years (renewed yearly based on progress and performance).
Expected start date: as early as January 2024.
The selected candidate must be eligible to work in the United States at the time of the appointment and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Islam Hafez or Dr. Gerald Presley: firstname.lastname@example.org or Gerald.email@example.com.
Please send a cover letter highlighting your research interests and goals, full CV, and names and contacts of three references to Dr. Islam Hafez or Dr. Gerald Presley. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and continue until the position is filled.