Assistant Forest Resources Manager - University of California, Berkeley, College of Natural Resources - El Dorado County, CA
- Assist with determination of field allocations of silvicultural activities.
- Provides daily supervision of seasonal, volunteer, student workers and support staff, with responsibility for quality and quantity of work primarily at Blodgett Forest, with assignments of varying length at other field sites as needed.
- Implements safety procedures and trains staff in field protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements such as safety and research protocols.
- Keeps records of labor, equipment, materials and production.
- Researches and resolved issues and discrepancies.
- Provides expertise in at least one of the following areas: Wildlife management, fuels and fire management including mechanical treatments and prescribed fires, database management including GIS, public education and outreach.
- Assists management with the coordination, supervision and performance of all activities necessary to the daily technical operations of a large or highly complex field site.
- Schedules operations which provide all the necessary care and the best use of labor and equipment for a number of concurrent projects.
- Coordinate and oversee forestry activities and harvesting procedures to support research.
- Assists with annual budget preparation and operational planning activities.
- Participates in the selection, development, and evaluation of staff.
- Researches and prepares reports and/or plans to meet regulatory requirements and assist in efforts of researchers, including development of Timber Harvest Plans and grant proposals.
- Supervises maintenance, modifications and improvements of facility infrastructure, instruments and other materials.
- Supports prescribed burn program by participating in prescribed burns, as experience allows.
The first review date for this job is: June 29, 2022