Free online self-paced course from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Starts May 31, ends August 17.
Learn about climate change in this self-paced online course about the Arctic from America’s Arctic University. This massive open online course (MOOC) covers modern climate science and the impacts of climate change across atmospheric, marine, terrestrial and human systems.
Instructors: Rick Thoman and John Walsh
What you'll learn:
- Develop an understanding of climate and Arctic terminology
- Compare the four featured systems in the Arctic: atmospheric, terrestrial, marine, and human
- Demonstrate the connected nature of Arctic systems
- Analyze how those systems interact and affect one another
- Interpret climate science reports such as the US Arctic Report Card, Alaska’s Changing Environment, and others