Fueling Collaboration is an interactive virtual Panel Discussion Series designed to connect fire managers and researchers. Fueling Collaboration is created and hosted by the USDA Forest Service Northern and Southern Research Stations, and the Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Fire Science Exchanges in the Eastern U.S. The Series was launched in 2020 with the goal of connecting people throughout the region and across disciplines, exploring emerging fire science research and management considerations.
Smoke was already an important issue in wildland fire, but last summer drove home the point even more across the eastern US. Whether it’s the western US and Canadian wildfire smoke or smoke from more local prescribed fires, what are the messages we should be communicating What are the tools that can help us assess impacts? Attend this session to hear about the latest and greatest regarding smoke.
- Jack McGowan-Stinski (moderator) - Lake States Fire Science Consortium
- Jay Charney - US Forest Service, Northern Research Station
- Leda Kobziar - University of Idaho
- Trent Wickman - US Forest Service, Region 9
- Melanie Pitrolo - US Forest Service, Region 8