The Alaska Wildland Fire Coordinating Group will convene the Interagency Fall Fire Review October 19 & 21 as an online conference.
Please see the attached agenda and registration link.
Continuing education credits are available: SAF members will receive 2.0 Category 1 CFEs for attending. Contact Alison York with any questions.
The Alaska Fire Science Consortium (AFSC) is organizing fire science presentations dovetailing with management content on Thursday, Oct 21, as follows:
(Click on the hyperlink title to see the presentation recording)
- Introduction and AFSC Updates - Alison York
- News You Can Use - Randi Jandt
- Shovel Creek story map: Understanding Burn Severity in Alaska - Zav Grabinski
- Foundations for Improving Resilience in the Energy Sector against Wildfire on Alaskan Lands (FIREWALL): Workshop Outcomes - Mohammad Heidari
- Alaska’s 2021 Fire Season: Fire Weather and Fuels - Heidi Strader
- Alaska seasonal forecast evaluation - Cecelia Borries-Strigle
- Alaska Wildland Fire Coordinating Group Fuels Management Committee - Mark Cahur / Casey Boespflug
- Arctic Urban Risks and Adaptations (AURA): Recent results and new fuels project - Jennifer Schmidt
- Decadal impacts of wildfire fuel-reduction treatments on ecosystem structure and fire behavior in Alaskan boreal forests - Melissa Boyd
- LANDFIRE Alaska remap - Jim Smith
The meeting is open, and registration is not required. AFSC will share recordings of relevant sessions on our website, and we expect CFE credits to be available through the Society of American Foresters.