Fueling Collaboration is an interactive virtual Panel Discussion Series designed to connect fire managers and researchers. Fueling Collaboration is created and hosted by the USDA Forest Service Northern and Southern Research Stations, and the Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Fire Science Exchanges in the Eastern U.S. The Series was launched in 2020 with the goal of connecting people throughout the region and across disciplines, exploring emerging fire science research and management considerations.
This panel discussion explored how understanding historical fire data can provide insights for supporting today’s desired ecological conditions.
- Andrea Brandon (moderator) - US Forest Service, Northern Research Station
- Michael Stambaugh - University of Missouri, School of Natural Resources
- Melissa Thomas-Van Gundy - US Forest Service, Northern Research Station
- Dan Dey - US Forest Service, Northern Research Station
- Kyle Steele - US Forest Service, Mark Twain National Forest