Mark your calendar for the 2019 Natural Areas Conference in Pittsburgh, PA October 8-10! The 46th Natural Areas Conference will take place at the Pittsburgh Sheraton, which is right on the waterfront at the place where the three rivers of Pittsburgh - the Monongahela, the Allegheny, and the Ohio - come together. The views are spectacular - and scores of diverse natural areas are only a short drive away.
The theme is At the Water's Edge - Managing our Land and Water in a Changing Landscape. This event will focus on providing access to cutting-edge information, emerging management techniques, and science-based practices for natural areas practitioners.
The Natural Areas Association is excited to be partnering with the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy and the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources' Natural Heritage Program for this event.
- Best Management Practices on land for Freshwater Ecosystem Integrity
- Mitigating the Impact of Energy Development
- Advances in State Forest Management
- Identifying Natural Areas for Conservation
- Management of Wildlife Habitat
- Invasive Species Management and Prevention
- Using Data and Technology to advance Conservation
- Parcelization of Large Private Land – Opportunities for Conservation
- Native Plant Conservation Initiatives
- Pollinators in Natural Areas Management
- Management Planning to advance the Conservation of Special Species/Natural Communities
- Urban Natural Areas and Green Infrastructure
- Wetlands Conservation (for Rare Species)
- Climate Change – Species and Natural Communities on the Move
- Restoration of Natural Areas Qualities