Experts warn that year-round fire season is the new normal. Wildfire is no longer “if” it will occur, but rather “when.”
Wildfires burned 9,781,062 acres in the United States in 2017. The impacts of a wildfire last long after the flames are extinguished.
Community leaders, agency representatives, property owners, and anyone impacted by wildfire is invited to join this interactive workshop and conference featuring recovery experts and agencies engaging After The Flames.
- Federal & State Perspective on Recovery
- Local Government and Community Organizations Perspective on Recovery
- Flood Mitigation and Erosion Control
- Infrastructure and Utilities
- Invasive Species and Threatened and Endangered Species
- Community Resilience and Preparation
- Pre-fire Planning for Post-fire Response
- Fantastic Failures & Spectacular Successes: Sharing Lessons From Things That Did and Didn’t Work
- Economic Impacts & Funding
- Policy Discussions & Table Top Exercises