- Serve as Installation Wildland Fire Program Manager (WFPM), for Yakima Training Center (YTC), which is comprised of training areas, impact areas, cantonment, and high value cultural and natural resources.
- Responsible for the development, management, and execution of the Wildland Fire Program.
- Analyze the ecological role and impacts of wildland fires by assessing actual and potential fire effects.
- Coordinate new or revised/updated cooperative or mutual aid agreements to include fire protection programs and fire responses.
- Serve as Contracting Officer Representative (COR), to develop, coordinate, and implement wildland fire related contracts such as aircraft assets and aerial suppression support.
- Conduct training on fire suppression equipment and inventory management procedures to military training units.
- Operate motor vehicles including pickup trucks, carryalls, and sedans, over public roads, primitive roads, and in off-roads to transport supplies, materials and equipment in all traffic conditions.