These positions are located on a Forest Service unit, where the incumbent serves as an Biological Science Technician (Natural Resources). Incumbent is responsible for performing a variety of complex and recurring duties in support natural resource programs in Region 3.
Duties (responsibilities listed are at the full performance level):
- Collect samples to test in order to conduct natural resources field studies.
- Utilize computer programs to organize the data for analysis.
- Execute field projects to detect, identify, and/or evaluate natural resource problems.
- Conduct analyses through field testing to detect natural resource problems such as water, land, food, plants, animals and soils.
- Collaborate with team members during field projects to achieve objectives.
- Resolve administrative and safety concerns related to a project according to prescribed policies and procedures.
- Maintain records of all data and develop into statistical reports.
- Compile natural resource data from aerial and ground surveys as part of a biological project.
- Communicate routine information clearly in written communication.
- Assemble summary information of natural resource plans and coordinate resources needed for information and analytical reports.