These positions are located in the Pacific Northwest Region, Region 6 and located on a Forest Service unit. The primary purpose of these positions is to perform a variety of complex and recurring duties in support of various Natural Resource programs. The specific duties for the positions will vary based on the program of the unit.
This announcement may be used to fill positions with a seasonal work schedule where full-time work is guaranteed for 13, 18, or 20 pay periods and when not working, you will be placed in non-pay/non-duty status.
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations may be found on the Forest Service website.
The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level:
- Performs as a Certified Timber Marker.
- Prepares, develop, and executes timber cruises and sample surveys to develop resource information and estimate quality and quantity of timber for purpose of appraisal, sales administration, management planning, and logging plans.
- Performs wildland firefighting and prescribed fire duties as qualified and assigned.
- Assists in the implementation of recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed and dispersed recreation sites.
- Performs complex tasks in support of the vegetation management program and project plans. Prepares and analyzes plant samples.