This is an open, continuous announcement. Vacancies are in the following locations:
- Andalusia, AL
- Brent, AL
- Double Springs, AL
- Heflin, AL
The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level:
- Develop timber plans that protect soil water retention and reestablishment of the forest growth for a timber management program.
- Review silvicultural prescriptions to ensure compatibility with long-range timber management plans for a natural resource organization.
- Review and appraise timber resources to meet demand and future needs.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of timber sale contracts and related documents for a timber management program.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to integrate the timber management plan with other resources and approved land management plans in support of a timber management program.
- Ensure integration of the timber management plan with other resources and activities for a timber sale program.
- Investigate reports of improper logging activities for a timber management program.
- Provide leadership to subordinate staff, setting goals, policies, and objectives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fostering and promoting an equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment.