- May perform as crew chief or project manager for teams of other foresters involved in forest and woodland management.
- Plans and implements technical projects and performs leadership duties in support of forestry-oriented, multiple-use land management programs, including coordination of appropriate staff to accomplish the work.
- Administers long-range forest management programs, meets the objectives of the district/field/zone resource management plan, and provides solutions for technical, budgetary, staffing, and customer service needs related to forest management.
- Coordinates with partners from other Federal and State agencies, local governments, Tribes, and non-governmental organizations to integrate BLM forest management program with neighboring land managers and regional strategies.
- At the GS-09 level, the incumbent may be required to work in a less complex forestry program functional area with assignments that are more routine and conventional.