Incumbents provide professional assistance, as scientific experts, in program delivery for the following areas: natural resources management and protection; land use planning; conserving the land base; urban and community forestry; watershed and riparian forest management; conservation education; and forest health. Also, provide forest resource information to sister agencies; local governments; private businesses; non-profit and conservation organizations; and citizen groups. Help facilitate more informed decision-making regarding Virginia’s natural resources at the local level; provide leadership in the prevention and suppression of forest fires; and enforce the seed tree, water quality and fire laws.
Links to information about specific positions:
- Heartland Work Area: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/195243
- Jefferson Work Area: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/195243
- Mattaponi Work Area: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/195248
- Mount Rogers Work Area: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/195250
- Shenandoah Work Area: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/195243