The successful candidate will have strong organization skills, planning document generation experience, entrepreneurial attitude and aptitude, and a desire to support ecological forestry and fire practices in the Intermountain West. This position is not a primary fire position. Previous wildland fire operational experience is not required, but a desire to participate in prescribed fire is supported. They will:
- Support and/or lead planning document generation, including community wildfire protection plans, research products, other similar projects.
- Manage work assignments with minimal direction from supervisors
- Provide planning support for other Forest Stewards Guild projects, including Guild Fire Management activities.
- Coordinate with project partners to ensure planning and personnel needs are met.
- As needed and desired, may support Guild prescribed fire and wildfire operations.
- May represent the Intermountain West at local and regional meetings.
- May work in variable weather conditions, in remote locations, and on difficult or hazardous terrain and / or in other physically demanding environments.