This course is designed to provide entry-level firefighter skills, and is often required for participation in prescribed burning activities. Participants will receive federally-recognized NWCG certificates for S130, S190, and L180.
Course topics include:
- Proper tactics to extinguish fire with or without the use of water
- Why lookouts, communications, escape routes, and safety zones are important
- The primary factors affecting the start and spread of wildfire
- How to recognize potentially hazardous situations
- Environmental factors of fuels, weather, and topography that affect the spread of wildland fire